Fantasia Games Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss the development of FANTASIA games here!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Re:Set is now released~

Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship]

Go down 
+3
Elemental Princess
Alice PH
LumenAstrum
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LumenAstrum
Creepy Monochrome Baku
LumenAstrum

Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship] Empty
PostSubject: Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship]   Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship] EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:59 pm

Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship] Logo
"From the lies I piled up, between them you can sometimes see the pain."

This is the successor of Soul and Heart, but since that this is done from a different perspective, it won't take up much from it. Yet, if you don't want to be spoiled of it's ending, its best if you steer clear until you have read it.

It was months ever since Cetus and Sirius rose to the military. And as the search for Milicent -- the former Calypso -- goes, Cetus finds herself disturbed by memories that started going back to her. And the bad news, they weren't memories worth remembering; they were pieces of memories Cetus would rather forget.

It was her husband's death, of all things.

The memories of them in her mind, as small as they can be, still troubles her, yet for the sake of justice, she wanted to know what were those things that happened about the two of them that she had forgotten about. But the only point she can remember is the horrible end of her husband's life she saw with her own eyes that keep on plaguing her conscience each time. As she entangles the knotted strings of her memories, she realized only one person can do it for her.

And that's Sirius, her friend which she'd been distant so far.

Getting their criminal record clean means getting all the pain away. And so as Sirius' genetic condition returns to so-called normal, Cetus was given a choice to be a man if she had wanted to, as a tribute to her husband. But as she decides, the military organization that leads the nation crumbles, along with the Change that the two former convicts brought up. Slowly, the leaders disappeared, and crime rate in the nation increased to uncontrollable levels. And when Sirius was attacked by a mysterious condition, Cetus decides that everything falls in her hands or she'll lose her grasp to both the nation and her friend's life.

Characters
[They will be replaced with sprite linearts later on, for now have this to visualize them a little.]
Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship] Cetus-1
Cetus Blackstar
Team Spinos
"Oh really, you have a life? Where did you get it? From whom did you steal it?"
The protagonist, a 4-star general. She (let's call Cetus a girl now, can we) is a messy person, scattering items everywhere her room and is quite scatter-brained. She's quite harsh, leaning onto violence often, and has a sharp tongue. And she's usually looked down by most veterans because she usually cuss a lot and rarely "respect the old code". Aside from Sirius, she've made good friends with Pascual.

Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship] Sirius
Sirius Ayrio
Team Peristeri
"Go ahead, do the mission. Just make sure not to come back in bits and pieces."
Cetus' friend that she met in the prison when they were still convicts. After a regretful experience, she seemed to have been a very kind person with a sarcastic streak. She's caring, kind, and is like a mother figure to everyone. Aside from Cetus, she've made good friends with Yuna, even though she do most of the talking. She has learned to control her Memoria Syndrome and thus had the ability to instantly access any memory from the records room.

Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship] Daena
Daena Hartknight
Team Kanarini
"It's my responsibility. Your argument is invalid."
The 5-star general. There isn't much about her, since even though Cetus and Sirius got her trust, only a portion of her true personality is revealed. She's a determined lady, and is believed by many to be one of the best generals in history even though her circle is rather relaxed in managing everything. She and Maria are good friends, working together once in a while in the government's laboratories. She has the ability to read emotions and inner desires.

Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship] Yuna
Yuna Hoshizora
Team Peristeri
"Shall we begin?"
The National Secretary (a special position that Daena made aside from Sirius' position), the daughter of another former general that was under Daena's father before the Change. She and Sirius have an obvious physical resemblance, to the point they were once thought to be related. Sirius and she are good friends, even though they just sit together for tea occasionally. She's rather quiet, and is a rather eccentric girl who likes eastern culture and philosophies. She seems to have the ability to read moods and feelings.

Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship] Pascual
Pascual Silverwind
Team Spinos
"Where has your mind went lately?"
The 3-star general. Because Cetus and Pascual are always working together, he had become one of Cetus' closest friends aside from Sirius. Being one of the most intelligent persons in the military he ends up making petty fights with Cetus in small matters. Pascual is the only one in the military circle who still have connections with family, so he's one of the basis in public research. He's silent and shy in public, but with close friends, he's noisier than the public address.

Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship] Maria
Maria dela Cruz
Team Kanarini
"Just believe. It will happen."
The 2nd lieutenant that's so clumsy and shy that anyone that will see her will rather wonder why she got such a high position. No one really knows what kind of an officer she is though, because in reality she's quite one of the best in terms of archery, which is quite a rare skill in the military. Even though they're quite opposites, she had made quite good company with Daena. She's shy, childish, and has an interest in old faith.

[There are more characters, I docked out a few because they don't have paths Razz]
[The screenshots and other things... later. This is just here to make sure that I'll be making this. :>]

The military positions will be based on the Armed Forces of the Philippines for easy access. I'll change the positions later.

Progress
  • Script: 5% (slow coder is slow.)
  • Story: 75%
  • Sprites: 20% (since I already sketched them and lineart-ed two of them)
  • CGs: 5% (only sketches)
  • Everything Else: 0% (Man so slow OTL)

Team (so far)
  • Sprite Art, initial CG art, Writing: Lumen
  • Editor: Kirroha
  • Backgrounds: Mugenjohncel
  • Mini-Game Programmer: [still searching]

Anyone up for Researcher and Story Help? Smile

Withering Blossoms will surely answer every single open question Soul and Heart has. Though it will be completely different from Soul and Heart as I mentioned; it will cover the reason the events in S&H happened. And I warn you: this will cover certain genetic subjects (which took me months to research) and my little theories on what can possibly happen on them through time.

Everything might just be a lie, everything might be true, who knows?

But to start the conversation, is there anything from Soul and Heart you want answered (so as to avoid scenarios where the end is open again)? Like, plot holes or something? Or any questions about the characters?

I hope you find this interesting at least, and I really hope on your constructive comments! Smile I'm working on it day by day through plans and a little art, so this project is a little alive at the least.

Last edited by LumenAstrum on Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://lumenastrum.deviantart.com
Alice PH
Senior Adventurer
Senior Adventurer
Alice PH

PostSubject: Re: Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship]   Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship] EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:07 pm

I anticipate this VN <3~ The first part(Soul and Hearts) is already really nice n interesting! I never really play VN but the first part is really nice~..Heheh~
Back to top Go down
Elemental Princess
Immortal
Immortal
Elemental Princess

Location : Helping Kiki search for Auau to force him to put on an emerald gothic lolita dress

PostSubject: Re: Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship]   Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship] EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:28 pm

I would like to help with the researching and story part Smile
Me finds genetics interesting and likes to know more about it XD
About plot-holes....
I thought Daena's surname was Blackstar not Hartknight, if me remembers correctly.
And why does Cetus have Daena's surname?
Back to top Go down
LumenAstrum
Creepy Monochrome Baku
LumenAstrum

PostSubject: Re: Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship]   Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship] EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:35 am

Elemental Princess wrote:
I would like to help with the researching and story part Smile
Me finds genetics interesting and likes to know more about it XD
About plot-holes....
I thought Daena's surname was Blackstar not Hartknight, if me remembers correctly.
And why does Cetus have Daena's surname?
If you remember in SnH, last name determine military position Wink Since Daena took her father's position and Cetus took Daena's, they also switched around surnames Razz
Back to top Go down
shine
Caviar Sandwich Maker
shine

PostSubject: Re: Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship]   Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship] EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 12:18 pm

OH that explains everything! I was wondering too!
Back to top Go down
theone
Immortal
Immortal
theone

PostSubject: Re: Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship]   Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship] EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 12:43 pm

I'm looking forward to this one since the first one was so awesome.
Back to top Go down
darkdoll25
Immortal
Immortal
darkdoll25

Location : Preparing 10 course meal for Kirroha with plenty of crabs and shark-fins. Also, wine with 'gold cuvee'.

PostSubject: Re: Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship]   Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship] EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 5:09 pm

Yay something that's not 'romance' themed Smile
I would love to see more friendship games now and then xD
Back to top Go down
LumenAstrum
Creepy Monochrome Baku
LumenAstrum

PostSubject: Re: Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship]   Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship] EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:16 pm

Thank you for all your comments! Technically, I am on researching mode first before I finally start writing Smile I have written... a little bit, but it's not even exceeding 1000 words yet ToT

Any more suggestions/comments?
Back to top Go down
LumenAstrum
Creepy Monochrome Baku
LumenAstrum

PostSubject: Re: Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship]   Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship] EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 7:39 pm

Here's a little teaser:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
shine
Caviar Sandwich Maker
shine

PostSubject: Re: Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship]   Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship] EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:06 pm

OMG!!
Back to top Go down
LumenAstrum
Creepy Monochrome Baku
LumenAstrum

PostSubject: Re: Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship]   Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship] EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 10:58 pm

Updated first post with newer description and team names. Smile

About the team thing:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
LumenAstrum
Creepy Monochrome Baku
LumenAstrum

PostSubject: Re: Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship]   Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship] EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:44 pm

Just a question: Would you mind if there were part-romantic paths? Because Withering Blossoms also analyzes the effects the genetic something-something in the people under it, so I was wondering... XD

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
shine
Caviar Sandwich Maker
shine

PostSubject: Re: Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship]   Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship] EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:58 am

YOU DON'T SAY?

... I'm so into it. Please, gimme some Pascual X Cetus :3
Back to top Go down
X-Peace&Love-O
Immortal
Immortal
X-Peace&Love-O

PostSubject: Re: Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship]   Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship] EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 9:54 am

Im loving your art as usual, and your plot is awsome! I cannot wait! Very Happy <3
Back to top Go down
LumenAstrum
Creepy Monochrome Baku
LumenAstrum

PostSubject: Re: Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship]   Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship] EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 6:45 pm

shine wrote:
YOU DON'T SAY?

... I'm so into it. Please, gimme some Pascual X Cetus :3

Well, you may like it. But others may not. XD

Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship] Tumblr_lzfnxjQ51v1qhigmqo1_500

UPDATE: Sirius' sprite WIP. Still a WIP because I'm still gonna edit some more stuff in it, complete the clothes set and meh. Will edit the past color scheme for Cetus' uniform.
Back to top Go down
LumenAstrum
Creepy Monochrome Baku
LumenAstrum

PostSubject: Re: Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship]   Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 7:51 pm

I'm currently writing a story called "Twin Faces" which will feature Milice before she was exiled from the military, so this will be halted a bit. :)I will try to get OhMhaiGosh as artist. Not because I'm lazy. It's because I wanted to work with her. I'll pay if I have to. XD
Back to top Go down
shine
Caviar Sandwich Maker
shine

PostSubject: Re: Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship]   Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:06 pm

Wow! Awesome news, that's brilliant Lu!! Keep up the good work, and if you need help for OhMhaiGosh, please tell me if there is anything I can do to help you!
Back to top Go down
LumenAstrum
Creepy Monochrome Baku
LumenAstrum

PostSubject: Re: Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship]   Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:17 pm

I highly doubt she won't take it though. I mean, it's a game filled with pure CGs. XD
But I'll try to minimize the scenes as much as possible. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship]   Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship] Empty

Back to top Go down

Withering Blossoms [Mystery VN] [Friendship]
Page 1 of 1